Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quilted Table Banner

I made a table banner for the upcoming craft show, where I'll be trying to sell my art quilts for the first time. I made some double sided ribbon by fusing red fabric onto darker red...

ribbons

...and then did some cursive. It's one ribbon per word-- I zigzagged over the edges to get the letters down.

Name Banner

66" x 16" Machine appliqued cotton, cotton batting.

The finished quilt is 66" long, which might be longer than my table at the show. The words take as much space as felt right, and after finishing the bed quilt, something this long was comfortable when it wouldn't have been before. I like that kind of comfort zone growth, but I'll be on the lookout for making something too big in the future.