Monday, June 13, 2011

My New Wardrobe

"Make my own clothes" has been on my life's to-do list for a while now, and the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step/ there's no time like the present. I took a stained shirt that fit well and used it as a pattern for a new shirt.

The Old Shirt

It fits well and only took an afternoon to make, but I suspect that t-shirts may be some things that it's still better to buy and I should put my DIY wardrobe energy into skirts and blouses and cardigans. On the other hand, I am right now wearing something I made myself and it's something I'd be cool with wearing out of the house. That feels pretty good.

New Shirt

I would do the sleeves a little differently, and find a material that would curl up on its own and not need to be hemmed. JoAnn's selection is limited. Does anyone have an online fabric store that they would recommend?