Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Long Time, No Post

Happy 2011!  Hope your various holiday duties and pastimes were fun enough that getting back to a regular schedule is a relief... that's how I'm feeling!  What have I been up to?

Knit one scarf, and I'm working on another.  After the tiny little #1 needle and fingering yarn for the socks, these bulky scarves feel like cheating somehow... and I love it.

One down, one to go


I also finally finished covers for the pillow blanks that I bought at ikea.  With ikea fabric, of course.  I love the attitudes of the birds!  The pattern was a little too much for both pillows to be solid, so I did a little piecing on one.  There's a third, narrower, pillow still to be covered, but I'm not sure the couch can handle another throw pillow!

A closeup on the embroidery on the front pillow: 

Pillow Cover Detail


Upcoming projects: a wedding veil?  I'm still looking for a good diy tutorial for an elbow-length veil with blusher.  Also, looking for a job.  Still.
 What's new with you all this January?