Saturday, November 27, 2010

"STUMPY"

"STUMPY"

This is the only entry in my journal since the 23rd.  "I saw this rumpy-manx calico munchkin kitty in a parking lot last night and spent the next hour and a half with Fix, the man I am proud to call my husband-elect, and my very patient parents in the freezing cold trying to coax "Stumpy" into a hastily purchased crate with some cans of moist cat food.  But Stumpy was clean and healthy and, despite lacking a collar, probably had a happy home because she was with it enough to evade some very smart people.  Also, she was friggin' built to run under parked cars!  So in the end we left out two cans of wet food and I checked craigslist and a few other big sites for a lost cat notice and didn't find any that matched her (very distinctive) description.   And I may or may not have been in a parking lot last night, wandering between rows of cars, meowing plaintively and crying.  But I'm okay, and I'm sure Stumpy is too."