Monday, August 2, 2010

Mystery Monday 3: Lovely Buttons

Mystery Monday is devoted to what I've figured out about my newly-purchased Victorian jacket and skirt.  Catch up on the adventure by reading Part 1 and Part 2!

This week: a look at some lovely buttons.

Crochet Button Detail


Although the jacket isn't heavily decorated, it does have delightful, detailed buttons.  There are 14 down the front, and another four on each cuff.  It appears that the decoration on each button has been crocheted over a form (and perhaps also attaching the ring to work around).  They're all good condition even though they've faded to a variety of colors, and show patterns of daily wear.

Cuff With Buttons 

Isn't it beautiful?  I love this thing.  I probably shouldn't dismantle it to make a pattern from, should I?