Friday, July 30, 2010

Wildflowers in my Neighborhood

 I love walking.  Walking places, walking nowhere; with people, by myself; any time of day I haven't been socially conditioned to be afraid.  So I was walking recently and I saw this vista:


What did I notice?  Flowers in the storm drain!  (I would also have accepted the answer "friggin' geese!" but they're a little hard to see.)

So:

They left pollen everywhere on the table (no wonder wildflowers are so prolific!) but they are lovely.

In other news, I signed up for the Phat Quarter swap today.  I've already started my project (Is that okay??  What if my partner doesn't like the movie I've picked?!) and will be working on it more this weekend.  Another swap etiquette question: posting in-progress photos (or photos of the finished project before it's been received) is a no-no, right?